You Want To Transform Your Home…
But You Fear Living Through A Renovation!
We work with busy New York City homeowners who want to create a special living environment that expresses their uniqueness. Do you dread the thought of going through a renovation project to create that unique home you desire? You may have heard nightmare stories about renovations that go on forever, don’t turn out as planned, aren’t handled professionally, and waste time and money.
You have high standards, and don’t look forward to having workers in your home making a mess and invading your privacy. You work hard for your money and your home is a significant asset and investment. You’ve got concerns about your personal health and the environment, and need to know that those concerns will be considered during a renovation. You’ve decided to reward yourself with the home you always wanted but don’t want to waste time or money or make costly mistakes.
There Are A Lot Of Reasons You Can Feel Fearful About Starting A Renovation
You’re thinking of renovating your New York City home, but when you think about it, the fears overpower the benefits. It seems like such a worrisome, lengthy, uncomfortable project. You probably have some of the following concerns:
- You’re not happy with the way your home looks now, and it certainly does not function the way you want. You have a vision in your mind of what you want and what would suit your lifestyle. You don’t know how to make that vision come true. You need help to turn your mental image into a home that you’d love to live in.
- You’re leery of starting a renovation because you fear runaway costs. You want to know exactly what it will cost before you start (or at least very close estimates). You’ve heard too many stories about people who started a renovation and it cost two or three times the estimate. You want to protect yourself from cost overruns.
- You absolutely positively do not want to have a renovation that drags on month after month—with no completion in sight. You understand that renovations require time, but you won’t be able to tolerate a lengthy and unpleasant renovation experience.
- Because you are not a design and renovations expert you’re afraid you may miss something in the renovation. You don’t want to have anyregrets later. You’re worried that you might leave something out because you didn’t think of it in time. Perhaps, you simply do not know all the options you should consider. You wouldn’t want to miss out on something that could make your dream home less than it could be.
- It’s important to you that any renovations you make give your property the greatest increase in value possible. Your home is one of your most important assets. You don’t want to spent money for a renovation that would only marginally increase its value. The project must improve your quality of life and give your home the amenities you most desire. You need professional advice about your choices.
- You own an apartment in a building with strict management and house rules, and a renovation must comply. You don’t want to get frequent calls from building management complaining that your contractors are not following the building rules. You certainly do not want the embarrassment of receiving complaints from neighbors. You expect the work to be done respectfully toward all residents of the building. After all, you’re going to live there and you want to keep the peace.
The Clients Who Have The Most Satisfying Experience Working With Us Have These Characteristics
- There’s no one type of client who is the best fit. However, in our experience, clients with certain characteristics tend to have projects that are very efficient and they end up extremely pleased with their renovations. Do these describe how you want to approach your project?
- You are time efficient and comfortable working under a timeline. You are willing to commit to a specific project plan that gets the project done as quickly and perfectly as you specify. You understand that sticking to a time schedule means a certain willingness to make decisions as needed.
- You are able to commit to a plan of work, and remain committed for the life of the project. The project success is a priority insofar as doing your part in keeping things on track. “Your part” means things like making time for selections, communicating about changes so they don’t impact schedule, and keeping changes to a minimum.
- You have the attitude that “time is money” for all parties involved. You realize that you need to stay pro-active in the project to keep the timeline from slipping. You’re extremely motivated about renovating the home and want a feeling of partnering on the project.
- You are ready to commit to professional renovation work. You want to know that everything complies with local construction codes and regulations. You understand and adhere to standards of honesty and integrity and expect the same from your renovation project professional.
Where To Next?
Now that you understand who we work with and the kinds of issues we solve, learn more about how Brace Enterprises works by going to How We Work.
“Working with Brace was absolutely a great experience for me.”
“Not only were they very professional, attentive to details and cordial when responding to my concerns, but they were key to getting the renovation done right and ultimately increasing the equity value of my property significantly.
And best of all, I ended up turning a “lemon” into the home of my dreams!”Vivianna Guzman, homeowner
“I am extremely happy with both the result and the time required for Brace’s renovation of my 90-year-old apartment. The quality of the work done by Brace’s people was consistently excellent.“
“In the few cases where mistakes were made, as is unavoidable in a large complex project, it took exactly zero effort on my part to get things corrected. I’ve worked with multiple contractors over the years. None come close to Brace in overall quality and reliability.“
Don Weingarten, Homeowner
“When Brace Enterprises first came to my apartment, I was stressed out about a renovation I wanted to undertake in a very limited time frame.”
“I have owned my apartment for a good number of years and it was the right time to renovate. However, I had found at the last minute that my building would require permits from the New York Department of Buildings to get the work done… and time was running out. Brace understood the situation and was very resourceful and got things resolved quickly. Also, I am an artist and very particular about finishes and design, and I had very specific objectives for what I hoped to accomplish with the renovation. My initial concern was they would rush through the work and possibly miss some of the details. I was very pleased to find out that they managed to get the work done as planned and were very detail oriented about the work and the specifics of my design. The work went smoothly and the results were great… a beautiful renovation!!”
Robin Goodstein, Homeowner
“A contractor who shows up when he says he will, does what he says he will, and is able to meet the requirements of a strict building management team – unheard of…! But we got that and more from Brace.”
“We have had a great experience and would recommend them without hesitation.”
Lynn Finkel and Peter Scola, Homeowners